Small Business Participation
Penn State develops and maintains supplier lists of potential qualifying concerns. Penn State resources include Published Source/Supplier Lists including but not limited to various trades, higher education associations, or Chamber of Commerce. These various information sources will be consulted to expand the list of SB, SDVO, VOSB, HUBZone SB, SDB, and WOSB suppliers. Supplier information is also gathered via attendance at conferences, meetings, exhibits, and small business seminars in an effort to obtain additional potential sources. Penn State also obtains solicitation of information from other universities to obtain additional potential sources. Similar resources established by state and/or local agencies, including but not limited to Small Business Administration (SBA) and Government Agency Coordination Office (GACO).
The following efforts will be taken to assure that SB, SDVO, VOSB, HUBZone SB, SDB, to include HBCU/MIs, and WOSB concerns will have an equitable opportunity to compete for subcontracts.
- A. Outreach efforts will include:
- Contacts with minority and small business trade associations.
- Contacts with business development organizations.
- Attendance at small and minority business procurement conferences and trade fairs.
- B. Sources will be identified from SBA PRO-Net System (www.sba.gov).
- C. The following internal efforts will be made to guide and encourage contract specialists:
- Workshops, seminars, and training programs will be conducted.
- Activities will be monitored to evaluate compliance with this subcontracting plan.
- Arrange interviews with SB/ SDVO/VOSB/ HUBZone SB/SDB/WOSB concerns and HBCU/MIs.
- D. Small, SDVO, VOSB, HUBZone SB, SDB, and WOSB concern source lists, guides
and other data identifying SB, SDVO, VOSB, HUBZone SB, SDB, and WOSB concerns will be
maintained and utilized by contract specialists in soliciting subcontracts.
Please direct any questions about the Penn State Supplier Diversity Program to:
Supplier Diversity Manager
Penn State University
101 Procurement Services Building
University Park, PA 16802-1004