Privacy and Security Statement
Use of this computer system may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including: to ensure that use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security.
Monitoring includes, but is not limited to, active attacks by authorized entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed on or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this computer system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring. Unauthorized use of this computer system may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action.
Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for all lawful purposes.
- The Electro-Optics Center's internet site is provided as a public service.
- Information presented on the EOC's internet site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- When sending us email, your email address remains confidential and is used only so that we may give you feedback. It will not be given / sold to any other government agency or private corporation.